This web page is provided to increase public awareness of events scheduled in our municipal parks where attendance is expected to exceed 500 people. Parks will not normally be closed to the general public for the events listed below. A closure notification will be issued in the event an entire park, a portion of a park, or an amenity within a park needs to be closed to the general public. Events that cause "Park Closures" will be indicated below in red.
Additional Information: 757-382-6411
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday's, April-September — 2017 Food Truck Hump Days, 4 p.m.–Dusk, Info: Food Truck Hump Days
Battlefield Park South
- None at this time.
- Bells Mill Park is currently CLOSED.
- June 17, 2017 — Movie & More Series, 5 p.m.– 10 p.m., Contact Info: PRT Event Website
- July 3, 2017 — Celebrate Freedom, 10 a.m.– 3 p.m., Contact Info: 757-382-6411
- August 19, 2017 — Run for the Arts 5k, 8 a.m.– 9 a.m., Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 26, 2017 — Community Fun Day with The Mount, 12 p.m.– 8 p.m., Contact Info: The Mount Website
Chesapeake City Hall
- August 6, 2017 — Teeuwen Memorial Time Trials, 8 a.m.– 1 p.m., Contact Info: email@example.com
- October 14, 2017 — Bre Butterfly 5k, 9 a.m.– 2 p.m., Contact Info: http://breangel.com/
Harbor North Park
- June 11, 2017 — Phelps Brothers Music Festival, 12 p.m.–6 p.m., Contact Info: Ed Beard, 757-615-0704
- June 6, 2017 through June 18, 2017 - River Crest Community Center Gymnasium. The gymnasium will be closed for painting renovations, other rooms at the Community Center will remain open during this time. It is expected to re-open on June 19, 2017 Contact Info: 757-382-6411
- June 24, 2017 — Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma Walk, 10 a.m.– 2 p.m., Contact Info:757-434-5877