- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Public Information for Parks and Recreation
Creative and effective public communications are vital for any parks, recreation and tourism department. We need to let the public know about the great things we offer! The department’s public communication needs are met by Information Services, under the direction of Lynn Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to keep in touch with Chesapeake’s citizens, the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism uses a number of promotional approaches:
- The Peake Discovery Guide – formerly the Leisure Guide, a magazine
which lists the recreational and leisure activities offered by the department;
- The Department Report - provides a snapshot of department activities, programs, classes, events and projects that are offered to citizens and visitors during a designated time period;
- Project Updates - shows the status of current and recent department projects;
- Public Service Announcements;
- Flyers and Ads;
- Blast emails, alerts and social media marketing;
- Comprehensive monthly events calendar posted on various outside websites;
- Maintenance of the Parks, Recreation and Tourism’s Web pages on the City website and social media accounts.