- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Virginia Teens and the Law
*This program is available for parents to refer their children without court involvement.
Virginia Teens and the Law is a law-related program that teaches students and parents about Virginia’s laws and consequences of violating the law. Individual parent and student sessions will be conducted by local law enforcement officers.
- Promotes positive citizenship and helps prepare students for informed, responsible adulthood;
- Helps students understand when activities, pranks, and jokes cross the line into delinquent and criminal behavior;
- Teaches students their rights and responsibilities under the law;
- Highlights the “hidden punishments” of the law and the future effects of negative choices;
- Educates parents on Virginia’s laws affecting juveniles.