- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
I Want To
- Apply for SNAP (Food Assistance)
- Apply for TANF
- Apply for Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Apply for Child Care Assistance
- Apply for Energy Assistance (Heating/Cooling)
- Report Suspected Adult Abuse/Neglect
- Report Suspected Child Abuse/Neglect
- Get Child Support Information
- Get Housing Information
- Get Information on Social Security
- Get Information on Virginia Employment Commission
- Find Resources
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
It is the policy of Chesapeake Juvenile Services (CJS) to fully comply with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) and the National Standards promulgated by the United States Department of Justice to prevent, detect, and respond to prison rape under PREA and to provide a safe, humane, and secure environment for all residents free of sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Chesapeake Juvenile Services maintains a zero tolerance for resident-on-resident sexual assault, staff sexual misconduct, and sexual harassment towards residents. Every allegation of sexual assault, misconduct and harassment is thoroughly investigated.
Prohibited conduct applies to all employees, visitors and contract staff of CJS. Sexual conduct between staff and residents is prohibited and subject to administrative disciplinary sanctions and the filing of criminal charges.
| ANNUAL REPORT 2016 - [77KB]
| PREA Audit Results - [146KB]
| PREA GENERAL INFORMATION - [212KB]
| PREA POLICIES - [191KB]
| THIRD PARTY REPORTING - [193KB]
| THIRD PARTY REPORTING (EN ESPAÑOL) - [227KB]