- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Mitigation is the retrofitting of your home or business to protect it from a natural disaster.
- 2017 Hampton Roads Mitigation Plan (13.31 MB) and Appendices (34.62 MB)
- 2014 Hazard Mitigation Plan (8.65 MB)
- Natural Events Mitigation Advisory Committee
- Annual Progress Report - 2016
Learn more FEMA recommendations for preparing your home and community.
Chesapeake's largest threat is flooding.
The City of Chesapeake recommends all homeowners in Chesapeake purchase flood insurance. Floodsmart.gov is a one stop shop for your flood insurance needs and questions.