- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Real Estate Taxes
Real estate in Chesapeake is assessed at 100% of its fair market value. The real estate tax is assessed on a fiscal year basis and is payable in four quarterly installments:
- September 30 – First Installment
- December 31 – Second Installment
- March 31 – Third Installment
- June 5 – Fourth Installment
Questions relating to the valuation of land and buildings should be directed to the City Assessor at 757-382-6235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.