- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Voter Registrar's Office
Are You Ready To Vote!
Did you know that you can……..Register to vote, access your Virginia voter record to update your registration, apply to vote absentee, and view your polling place, election district, absentee ballot status and voting history, all in one place ? Log on to the Virginia Voter Information Citizen Portal
If you require in-person assistance, please call 757-277-9797 for further instructions.
|Phone: 757-277-9797||Fax: 757-547-5402|
|Address: 411 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322 (Directions)|
|Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|General Registrar: Mary Lynn A. Pinkerman
• Elizabeth Banks • Duane McNair • David Midkiff
The General Registrar's office:
- Registers all eligible citizens to vote
- Conducts all federal, state, municipal elections and primaries under the guidance of the Electoral Board in accordance with Federal and State laws
- Maintains accurate registration and election records
- Coordinates the filing of local candidates (City Council, School Board, Constitutional Offices, and Director of Soil and Water Conservation)