- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Voter Registrar's Office
The June Election has been moved to June 23, 2020!
The Governor and the Virginia Department of Elections encourages all voters to vote from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All voters are authorized to use the 2A- My disability or illness reason code on the Virginia Absentee Ballot Application.
* No Witness Signature Required for Absentee by mail * for the June 23, 2020 Primary Election.
You can request an absentee ballot online at Virginia Voter Information Citizen Portal or print an application to submit via e-mail, fax or by mail.
Absentee applications to receive a ballot by mail must be received by Tuesday, June 16th at 5:00 p.m.
If you require in-person assistance, please call 757-277-9797 for further instructions.
|Phone: 757-277-9797||Fax: 757-547-5402|
|Address: 411 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322 (Directions)|
|Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|General Registrar: Mary Lynn A. Pinkerman
• Elizabeth Banks • Duane McNair • David Midkiff
The General Registrar's office:
- Registers all eligible citizens to vote
- Conducts all federal, state, municipal elections and primaries under the guidance of the Electoral Board in accordance with Federal and State laws
- Maintains accurate registration and election records
- Coordinates the filing of local candidates (City Council, School Board, Constitutional Offices, and Director of Soil and Water Conservation)