- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Pet Waste Station Grant
The City of Chesapeake has free pet waste stations to give out to deserving neighborhoods, community groups or apartment complexes! These stations provide a place for dog owners to grab a plastic bag, scoop the poop and then trash the poop. Each station will be maintained by the citizens, not the City.
All neighborhoods, community groups and property managers with the ability to do the following are encouraged to apply:
- Install the station within 45 days of receipt
- Use some method of advertisement to promote the installation, purpose and use of the pet waste station to residents of the neighborhood
- Monitor the pet waste station regularly to make sure of the following:
- Garbage can is emptied when full
- Pet waste bags/garbage can liners are stocked and available for use
- Pet waste bag/garbage can liner replacements are ordered in a timely manner*
*The Public Works Department has a small supply of extra bags so contact Elizabeth Vaughn when you run out. Once our supply is gone, each neighborhood/community group/property manager will be responsible for the cost of the replacement bag liners.