- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Purchasing Vacant Surplus City Owned Land
What are the types of surplus land?
There are two types of surplus land:
(1) Undevelopable property which will be offered only to adjacent landowners.
(2) Developable property that can independently be improved which will be sold by a “sealed bid” process.
NOTE: Vacant land that is part of the right of way which includes undeveloped streets and alleys is required to go through the Street Closure Petition (Planning Department.)
The City will not furnish nor be responsible for an appraisal, a survey, a title examination, or a subdivision plat.
If an appraisal, survey, or subdivision plat is required by the City, the successful buyer will be responsible for the cost.
Current City Properties for Sale
BID CLOSING DATE: Thursday, September 27 at 5:00 p.m.
- Lancing Way (Tax Parcels 0462001001060 & 0462001001070) - Minimum Bid $80,000