- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
The Dominion Boulevard Veterans Bridge uses "open road" tolling, meaning there is no stopping at toll booths and cash is not accepted. Motorists have the option to pay via E-ZPass transponder (the cheaper option) or by toll-by-plate invoice. Sensors will be placed on an over-head structure to read transponders or license plate numbers. Payment using E-ZPass will save you money.
Sign up for E-ZPass:
- Online: To enroll in Virginia E-ZPass online, visit http://www.ezpassva.com/.
- In Person: E-ZPass On-The-Go* transponders for two axle vehicles are available at any City Treasurer's office and at the Chesapeake Expressway office. For vehicles with two, three or more axles, you can obtain your E-ZPass at the Norfolk or Portsmouth E-ZPass office.
- By Phone: Call Virginia E-ZPass Customer Service at 1-877-762-7824.
*On-The-Go units are pre-loaded with $35 in prepaid tolls, with $15 available for immediate use and the remaining $20 available once the unit is registered.
Already have an E-ZPass? Make sure it's registered and funded!
- Make sure you've registered your E-ZPass On-The-Go unit online at www.EZPassVA.com or by calling 1-877-762-7824. If you do not register your E-ZPass On-The-Go, you will only have access to $15 worth of tolls. After that runs out you will be charged the non-E-ZPass rate.
- Continually check that your account is fully funded. The best way to avoid going into a negative balance is to choose auto replenishment. If you account has insufficient funds you will be charged the non-E-ZPass rate.