- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Bridges and Structures Division
The City of Chesapeake is home to over 90 bridges including six drawbridges! The Bridges and Structures Division of Public Works is tasked with maintaining and operating most of these structures, including three of the drawbridges.
- Centerville Turnpike Bridge, Centerville Turnpike (City Owned)
- Deep Creek Bridge, Moses Grandy Trail (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Owned)
- Gilmerton Bridge, Military Highway (City Owned)
- Great Bridge Bridge, Battlefield Boulevard (City Owned)
- High Rise Bridge, I-64 (Virginia Department of Transportation Owned)
- North Landing Bridge, Mt Pleasant Road (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Owned)
- South Norfolk Jordan Bridge, replaced by a fixed span bridge of the same name, Poindexter Street (Privately owned toll facility)
- Steel Bridge, replaced by the fixed span Veterans Bridge in December 2014, Dominion Boulevard (City owned future toll facility)