- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
I Want To
We at WCTV-Chesapeake Television would like to thank all of our sponsors for allowing us to provide Chesapeake with our programs. If you would like information on becoming one of our sponsors, please call the Public Communications Department at 757-382-6241 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details about sponsoring WCTV, see our Sponsorship Acceptance Policy below.
Sponsorship Acceptance Policy
It is the City of Chesapeake's policy that the City's television station and web site are not public forums.
All sponsors and their messages must be consistent with the mission of the Public Communications Department to provide television programming and web site content that ensures communication between the City and its citizens and supports its goal of promoting a strong, positive city image.
All sponsors must be non-partisan, non-denominational, non-racist and non-sexist. All promotion must be consistent with the City's purposes and goals as determined by the City Manager or City Council.
Sponsorship with the Public Communications Department does not imply City endorsement of a company or its products and will not be a factor in City decision-making.
The Public Communications Department, through WCTV and the City's web site, provides programming and content that is appropriate for all ages. Sponsors and their messages will be consistent with that commitment. Therefore, the Public Communications Department will not accept sponsorships from the following business categories:
Activity restricted to adults, night clubs, R-rated movies
- Alcoholic beverages, distribution or sale of alcoholic beverages as primary business function; businesses that generate less than one quarter of total sales from alcoholic beverages would be allowed. (For example, Anheuser-Busch will not be accepted, but restaurants and grocery stores will.)
- Tobacco products
- Non-profit groups
Messages that promote or encourage any of the following will not be displayed:
- Hostility or violence
- An attack on ethnic, racial or religious groups
- Illegal discrimination against any group
- Illegal or inappropriate use of firearms or drugs, or any illegal activity
- Sexual, obscene or pornographic defined as activities that are:
- Unlawful, obscene or indecent, or contain explicit messages or graphic representations pertaining to sexual contact or conduct, or contain an offensive level of sexual overtone, innuendo or double entendre; or
- Products or services with sexual overtones such as escort services, or establishments featuring for show or sale X-rated or pornographic movies or materials.
- False, misleading or deceptive
- Contain language or depictions that are obscene, foul, vulgar or scatological
- Are harmful to children or is of a nature to frighten children, either emotionally or physically
- The term "harmful to children" means language or pictures that
- describe or depict sexual contact or nudity;
- make use of foul language;
- describe or depict violent physical torture, destruction, or death of a human being; or
- describe or depict criminal activity in a way that tends to glorify or glamorize the activity that, with respect to children under the age of 18, has the tendency to corrupt.
- The term "of a nature to frighten children, either emotionally or physically" means language or pictures that describe or depict violent or brutal activities, whether such violence or brutality was intended or not, in a manner that causes children under the age of 18 physical or emotional distress or fear for his personal safety or for the safety of others.
- Involve or refer to political, religious, moral or environmental issues subject to public debate.
The Public Communications Department will be the final reviewing authority for accepting sponsors.
Sponsors will accept the following guidelines for message presentation:
- Audio scripts for television will be limited to the business name and location, and slogan or a brief description of service. Copy will not contain a call to action or comparison to other businesses or products, i.e. "best hamburgers," "outstanding service," or "cheapest prices."
- Visual elements will be limited to company name, logo or graphic identifier, address and phone number. A slogan may be included as long as it does not contain a call to action or comparison to other businesses or products.