- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Halloween Safety Tips & Hours
- If you are giving out treats, turn on your porch/exterior lights.
- Remove any objects in your yard that might be a hazard.
- Drive slowly during the evening and watch for children.
- Make sure your child can navigate safely. Long costumes and masks can make navigating streets and yards difficult.
- The hours for trick or treating are 6-8 p.m.
- Trick or treating is open to children up to 12 years old.
Chesapeake Police staff will focus on making sure the evening is safe for everyone, not actively seeking out violations of the time or age limits. For example, a thirteen year old safely trick or treating with a younger sibling is not going to have any issues. That same child taking pumpkins from porches and smashing them in the street more likely will. Thank you for your help making it a fun night for everyone!