- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Next New Volunteer Orientation
will be May 27th, at 10:00 AM!
Call 382-8076 for more information.
You love animals. But, you either can't have a pet at this time of your life or you are "at your limit." You want to do something to help animals. Yes, you make donations, but you want to get involved.
We have one word for you...VOLUNTEER!!!
CASU has an ongoing need for volunteers at our shelter. Our adoptions have risen steadily over the years. We believe that this is due to our wonderful volunteers. You can be a part of our volunteer family. You can:
- Become an ADOPTION COUNSELOR at the shelter. We have beautiful animals for adoption. We have wonderful families looking for that special pet. Our adoption counselors guide our visitors through the shelter, explain the adoption procedure, answer questions, and guide adopters through the process. By helping to match the right pet with the right family, they make everyone happy and save a life. CASU even does off-site adoptions at places such as PetSmart during their "Adopt-A-Thons".
- Become a KENNEL ASSISTANT helping to clean, feed and care for animals. Animals need vaccinations, medications, brushing, bathing, walks and treats. That extra TLC goes a long way!
- Become an OFFICE ASSISTANT helping to answer telephones, taking calls for service, assisting citizens, checking lost and found, completing reports and forms, and assisting officers in the field via radio communications.
- Become a DOG WALKER to help increase pets' chances of adoption.
- Become a SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATOR helping to create
eye catching, clever and fun marketing materials used on our social media pages, flyers and other promotional materials.
- Become a FOSTER to socialize and nurture underage puppies and kittens, animals recovering from surgery, or animals that just need a little break. Fosters do not need to attend general Volunteer Orientation. If you are interested in becoming a foster--don't wait--contact us today!
Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Volunteers under 18 must have parent or guardian consent. All volunteers must pass a criminal history check. Training for volunteers is provided by CASU staff and senior volunteers. Join our volunteer family and make a difference in a homeless animal's life. If not you, then who????? Volunteer orientations are held every other month at the shelter. Call 757-382-8076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.