- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
New Employee Orientation
Congratulations and Welcome to the City of Chesapeake, “The City That Cares!” New Employee Orientation is designed to provide new employees an overview of the City with regards to employment, benefits, policies, and customer service. Orientation sessions are scheduled once a month on the first Monday of each month from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., or on the second Monday of the month if the first Monday is a holiday.
Following is an outline of New Employee Orientation Topics:
- Employment Within the City:
- Welcome from the City Manager's Office
- City vision, mission, core values, and code of ethics.
- Job Opportunities (CLICK)
- Performance Evaluations
- Promotions & Transfers
- HR Management System & Compensation Plan
- Pay Schedule and Pay Deductions
- Resignations & Exit Interviews
- Employee Benefits
- Leave Benefits (Sick, Annual, FMLA, Overtime Leave, etc.)
- Insurance Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Deferred Compensation
- Benefit Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Workforce Development
- Employee Conduct
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Sexual Harassment
- Substance Abuse
- General Information
- Attendance, Breaks, Employee Records, Emergencies, Employee Alert Hotline, Fraud, Work Attire, etc.
- FISH Philosophy
- Customer Service Principles