- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Operating Budget for Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2013
Manager's Budget Messages
Overview (includes all of the pages below in one 18-page document)
Describes the budget process, the City's organization, long-range planning process, and budget and financial policies
- Overview - City of Chesapeake Organization
- Overview - City-Wide Organizational Chart
- Overview - How to Read the Operating Budget Document
- Overview - Operating Budget Process and Calendar
- Overview - Long Range Planning and the Operating Budget
- Chesapeake City Council Priorities (September 2010)
- Overview - Short Term Budget & Financial Policies Guiding The Development of the Operating Budget
- Overview - Policies Guiding Development of the Capital Budget
- Overview - Financial Structure
- Graphs - "Where it is Coming From ... and Where it is Going ..."
- Resources and Requirements
- Displays the City budget revenues and expenses in summary
- Operating Budget Summaries
- Fund Balance Projection
- Displays the total Operating Budget by Fund, by Section and by Type of expense. Includes a display of the General Fund revenues and expenses.
Operating Budget by Department
- Governance and Management
- Provides budget details for offices and departments of elected and appointed officials and on departments focused on internal municipal services (finance, human resources, etc.).
- Quality of Community Life
- Provides budget details for departments providing human, health, recreational, and knowledge services to citizens, including: Human Service Agencies, Health Department, Parks & Recreation, and Libraries.
- Economic and Environmental Vitality
- Provides budget details for departments focused on development of the local economy and on the physical infrastructure and environment of the community. This section includes: Economic Development, Planning, Development and Permits, Public Works, and Public Utilities.
- Public Safety and Justice
- Provides budget details for departments focused on safety and justice, including: Police, Fire, Sheriff, and Courts.
- Provides a summary of Chesapeake Public Schools’ Operating Budget.
- Provides a summary of the debt payments required of the City with identification of funding sources and debt management policies. Section also includes internal service funds (Technology, Fleet, and Risk Management) and city-wide non-departmental payments.
- Provides a personnel summary and real estate assessment history.