- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by December 31, 2018. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its January 22, 2018 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee - 1 vacancy
- (Equestrian Rep)
- Chesapeake Board of Historic and Architectural Review - 3 vacancies
- (1 Experience w/ 50 year old structures, 1 Knowledge Rep, 1 Historic District Resident)
- Chesapeake Community Criminal Justice Board - 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Interagency Consortium - 1 vacancy
- (Children/Family Services Rep) *Agency must be located in Chesapeake*
- Chesapeake OPEB Finance Board - 1 vacancy
- (Banking/Investment Industry)
- Citizen Advisory Committee (of CLBA) - 8 vacancies
- (1 Citizen from each Planning District: Camelot, Deep Creek, Greenbrier, Indian River, Rivercrest, Southern Chesapeake, South Norfolk, Western Branch)
- Parks, Recreation and Tourism Advisory Board - 1 vacancy
- (Physically Disabled Individual or Immediate Family Member)
- Stormwater Committee - 4 vacancies
- (1 Alternate Member)
- Towing Advisory Board - 2 vacancies
- (2 Towing Industry Reps)
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 757-382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.