- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by August 31, 2017. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its September 26, 2017 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Animal Services Advisory Board - 1 vacancy (Veterinarian)
- Chesapeake Agriculture Advisory Commission - 3 vacancies (CAPA representative) (Farm Bureau representative) (Citizen representative)
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee - 1 vacancy (Farm Bureau representative)
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission - 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Tourism Advisory Board - 3 vacancies
- (2 Hotel Industry representatives) (Business representative)
- Groundwater Committee - 4 vacancies
- South Norfolk Revitalization Commission - 2 vacancies (Business Owner)
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.