- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by August 30, 2019. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its September 24, 2019 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Animal Services Advisory Board - 1 vacancy
- (Humane Society Rep)
- Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area Board - 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee - 3 vacancies
- (1 Organized Trail User Group, 2 Citizens)
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission - 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Interagency Consortium - 1 vacancy
- (Children/Family Services Provider) *Agency must be located in Chesapeake*
- Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee - 2 vacancies
- (1 Financial Background, 1 Business Owner)
- Utility Review Board - 1 vacancy
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 757-382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.