- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments,
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by December 29, 2017. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its January 23, 2018 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Interagency Consortium - 1 vacancy (Parent Rep)
- Library Board - 1 vacancy (Attorney)
- Chesapeake Commission on Health and Well Being - 1 vacancy (Active Duty Military)
- Chesapeake Tourism Advisory Board - 7 vacancies
- Fire Prevention Code Appeals Board - 1 vacancy (Experience in Building Construction and/or Fire Prevention)
- Hampton Roads Disabilities Board - 1 vacancy (Visually Impaired Individual or Family Member)
- Human Services Advisory Board - 4 vacancies
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 757-382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.