- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by September 30, 2019. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its October 22, 2019 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Arboretum Advisory Board - 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee - 1 vacancy
- (Organized Trail User Group Rep)
- Chesapeake Commission on Health and Well Being - 1 vacancy
- (Active Duty Military Rep)
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission - 1 vacancy
- Library Board - 1 vacancy
- Mosquito Control Commission - 1 vacancy
- Natural Event Mitigation Advisory Committee - 4 vacancies
- (2 Citizen Reps, 1 Business Rep, 1 Non-Profit Organization Rep)
- Parks, Recreation and Tourism Advisory Board - 3 vacancies
- Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee - 2 vacancies
- (1 Financial Background Rep, 1 Business Owner Rep)
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 757-382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.