- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by December 31, 2019. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its January 28, 2020 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee - 1 vacancy
- (Organized Trail User Group Rep)
- Chesapeake Commission on Health and Well Being - 1 vacancy
- (Medical Professional)
- Chesapeake Community Criminal Justice Board - 4 vacancies
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission - 1 vacancy
- Human Services Advisory Board - 1 vacancy
- Natural Event Mitigation Advisory Committee - 2 vacancies
- Stormwater Committee - 4 vacancies
- (1 Alternate)
- Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee - 2 vacancies
- (1 Financial Background Rep, 1 Business Owner Rep)
***Applications are also being accepted for the following vacancy appointed by the Circuit Court:
- Board of Zoning Appeals - 1 vacancy
- Please note that the deadline to apply for this vacancy is November 27, with the appointment being made December 3.
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 757-382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.