- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by September 29, 2017. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its October 24, 2017 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Agricultural Advisory Commission - 1 vacancy (CAPA Rep)
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission - 1 vacancy (Architect)
- Chesapeake Interagency Consortium - 1 vacancy (Children/Family Services Rep)
- Library Board - 2 vacancies
- Natural Event Mitigation Advisory Committee - 2 vacancies
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board - 2 vacancies
- Planning Commission - 4 vacancies
- Southeastern Public Service Authority** - 1 vacancy
**In addition to submitting an application, a résumé must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
**The deadline for submitting application and résumé for Southeastern Public Service Authority is September 20, 2017.
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.