- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by August 29, 2018. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its September 25,
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee - 3 vacancies (2 Organized Trail User Group Reps)
- Chesapeake Community Criminal Justice Board - 2 vacancies (1 Attorney)
- Chesapeake Interagency Consortium - 1 vacancy (Children/Family Services Rep - agency must be located in Chesapeake)
- Chesapeake OPEB Finance Board - 1 vacancy (Banking/Investment Industry)
- Human Services Advisory Board - 1 vacancy
- Southeastern Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program - 1 vacancy
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 757-382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.