- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by January 31, 2019. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its February 26, 2019 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Interagency Consortium - 1 vacancy
- (Children/Family Services Rep) (*Agency must be located in Chesapeake*)
- Chesapeake OPEB Finance Board - 1 vacancy
- (Banking/Investment Industry)
- Library Board - 1 vacancy
- Local Board of Building Code Appeals - 1 vacancy
- Towing Advisory Board - 1 vacancy
- (Towing Industry Rep)
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 757-382-6151 or visit Boards and Commissions.