- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Prevention services are designed to empower individuals, families, communities and systems to meet the challenges of life events and transitions without resorting to unhealthy behaviors. Our focus involves creating and implementing conditions that promote healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
Working with our community partners like Chesapeake RU Ready and Chesapeake Public Schools we offer free parenting classes and workshops. See below for a partial list of current and past topics.
- Family Night March 2015
- Internet Safety Workshop
- Preventing Dating Violence Workshop
- Safe Dates Summer Workshop
- Step Parenting Program July 2014
- Parenting Workshop – Impact of Media Violence on Children
- Parenting Workshop – Preventing Heroin Abuse
- Sexting and Texting
- Choose My Plate
- Underage Drinking Workshop
For further information on prevention services call David Dillon at 757-819-6287.