- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Same Day Access
Beginning March 27, 2020 and continuing until further notice, intake assessments will be conducted by phone or video conferencing. You must be able to receive calls from restricted numbers and/or have internet access and an e-mail address. If you cannot access a phone or the internet to complete your assessment, call us. We may be able to deliver the service in another way. Intakes are conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 757-547-9334 for more information.
At Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, we want our services to be accessible to you when you most need them. We recognize that the longer people have to wait for services, the more obstacles they face in getting those services. To that end we are pleased to be able to offer same day access to service enrollment for Chesapeake residents.
This process does not apply to infant intervention services. Contact the Infant Program at 757-547-8929 for information on how to access services for children aged birth through three years.
Read our frequently asked questions for more information. If you have questions that are not answered below, call our office at 757-547-9334 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Instead of scheduling an intake appointment in advance, you may walk in without an appointment and be seen the same day for your registration and clinical assessment. After the completion of the clinical assessment, you may be referred for other services such as medication management, outpatient therapy, detox services, case management, etc.
Can I see a doctor right away?
No. When you walk in for your first visit, one of our qualified clinicians will conduct your assessment. Once the assessment is complete, he/she will provide information on your next steps, including how you can arrange to see a psychiatrist to get medication.
When can I walk in?
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Plan to be here at least 3 hours.
Where do I walk in?
224 Great Bridge Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23320. The HRT bus route 14 stops here.
How much does it cost?
An intake assessment costs $175. If you have insurance, you will be responsible to pay the copayment established by your insurance company and we will bill your insurance company for the balance.
What if I don't have insurance?
We can help you apply for Medicaid when you come in. You may now be eligible for Medicaid even if you were not eligible in the past. To complete the application you will need to provide your name, date-of-birth, address, social security number and income for the prior month.
If you don't qualify for Medicaid you may be eligible for a reduced fee based on your income and family size according to the sliding fee scale. You will need to bring ID as well as proof of income, address and family size with you to be considered for a discounted fee. Available to verified Chesapeake residents only. If you do not live in Chesapeake we can give you the contact information for the Community Services Board where you live.
Do I need to bring anything?
Yes. The list below details what you must bring. We will not be able to complete the registration if you do not have all the required documentation with you.
- Photo identification - (DMV or other government-issued photo ID, school or work picture ID)
- Verification of your social security number - (social security card, IRS tax return or transcript, W-2, social security award letter)
- Proof of family size - (custody/guardianship documents, birth certificates, insurance cards, separation/divorce papers, etc)
- Proof of address - (recent bill, probation & parole letter, homeless/shelter verification, mail addressed to you within the last month)
- Proof of income - (last 2 paystubs, W-2, social security eligibility letter)
- Insurance Card
- Payment - your payment is required at the time of service. If you have insurance, you will be expected to pay your full copayment. If you don't have insurance, and you have proof of Chesapeake residency, your fee may be determined based on your income and family size.
Use the sliding fee scale to estimate your payment. We accept cash, check, credit and debit cards. The City of Chesapeake adds a convenience fee to all credit and debit card payments.