- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Beautification and Clean-Ups
Adopt-a-Park / Adopt-a-Spot-in-a-Park / Special Projects
Adopt-A-Park and Adopt-A-Spot-in-a-Park
March 1- June 3, 2017
JOIN the BIGGEST clean-up campaign of the year! Anyone can participate – individuals, organizations such as civic leagues, scouts, and businesses.
Ways “YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!”
- Pick up litter
- Plant trees/flowers
- Plant a community garden
- Conduct an environmental education program
- Host a litter-free event
April 27, 2018
Join us for the 32st Annual Arbor Day Ceremony and celebration. You can watch a tree planting demonstration, receive a free tree seedling, and experience the natural environment TCC Chesapeake has to offer.
- Photographs with "Chessie" the Parks,
Recreationand Tourism mascot and the otter carving.
- FREE tree seedlings.
- Recycle Plastic Bags – Bring five plastic bags and receive a reusable bag.
No registration required.
Arbor Day is sponsored by the Parks,
June 3, 2017
Hosted by the City of Chesapeake and other Hampton Roads’ cities.
- Individuals, groups, and organizations are encouraged to register to help to clean-up Chesapeake’s waterways.
- Boaters and businesses along the waterway are especially needed to help with the clean-up.
- To Register, visit the Chesapeake Bay Foundation website.
Register by May 31, 2017
Purchase your City of Chesapeake Locality License Plate for Beautification and Conservation at any Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Office. The plate costs $25 plus the cost of registration. A personalized plate is an additional $10. $15 of the cost will be used to fund Chesapeake beautification projects. This $15 portion of the cost is
Chesapeake Recycles Day
Bring your old electronics,
Your organization or business can adopt and/or sponsor a beautiful planter. Boxes provided by Parks,
In addition to your name being on the box, your organization or business will also be recognized in the Recreation Division Report.
Information: 757-382-6411 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For information or questions about the Chesapeake Environmental Improvement Council (CEIC) or its projects, call the Special Programs Office in the Department of Parks,