- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Clean and Green Poster Contest
The Clean and Green Poster Contest is sponsored by the CEIC for Chesapeake students to promote litter prevention. The contest is open to students in grades K-12. The purpose of this contest is to get the viewer to start thinking and stop littering.
There are five categories for entries based on the school grade of students entering a poster.
Cash prizes are awarded.
- 1st Place - $100
- 2nd Place - $50
- 3rd Place - $25
Schools receive a $50 check for the teacher of each first-place winner to use for a celebration party or any classroom need.
INFORMATIONAL FLYER AND RULES:
- Click here for the Clean and Green Poster Contest Flyer and Rules
*SUBMISSION AND DELIVERY OF POSTER ENTRIES:
- Entries must be completed and delivered/emailed by June 1, 2020. - NOW CLOSED -
- Posters should either be delivered to the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Visitor Center at 1224 Progressive Drive or a photo of it emailed to SpecialPrograms@CityofChesapeake.net. There is a drop box slot available for public use at the Visitor Center. Posters should be packaged to be able to fit through the drop box slot. The slot is 10-3/4" wide by 1-1/2" tall. Entries that cannot fit through the drop box slot should be packaged in a sealed envelope or other packaging and left next to the front door - preferably during office hours (Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Please note that although the entryway is covered and somewhat protected, there is no guarantee that entries left outside after office hours will be safe from wind and weather. If you are emailing a photo of the poster, please make sure it is a good quality, in-focus, well-lighted image, and include a photo of the back of the poster showing the following information - make sure it is readable. Please keep the original poster artwork until after the contest has concluded.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that the following information appear on the back of each poster. Posters without this information will be disqualified:
- Student's name, home address and telephone number
- Email address of student or parent
- Teacher's name and email address (if applicable)
- School and grade level