- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Business Beautification Award
This award recognizes a business in Chesapeake that takes pride in the visual impression it leaves on the surrounding neighborhood and shows an awareness of the environment. Judging points will be awarded in the following categories: landscape, signage, litter control and building appearance. The information below includes additional considerations for each of these categories.
- Landscape – The landscape is healthy, well-maintained, includes a diversity of plants and habitats, and are appropriately scaled for the building. Native plants and conservation landscape techniques are incorporated to minimize polluted runoff and to conserve water.
- Signage – The overall design is consistent in style and lettering and has curb appeal.
- Litter Control – The area is clean and free of litter and debris. Trash, recycling and cigarette receptacles are available for public use.
- Building Appearance – The design is appropriate for the adjacent neighborhood and suitably placed on the site. It is well-maintained and appropriately lit.
Bonus points will be awarded for active community partners, sustainable features, and lit American flagpole.
A certificate is presented to the winning business at the Chesapeake Environmental Improvement Council (CEIC) Awards Luncheon.
Nominations will be accepted from August 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021.
- Previous Winners Listing
- 2020 Winner Announced
- 2019 Winner Announced
- 2018 Winner Announced
- 2017 Winner Announced
- 2016 Winner Announced
For information or questions about the Chesapeake Environmental Improvement Council (CEIC) or its projects, call the Special Programs Office in the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism at 757-382-6411.