- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
4th Monday of the Month at 6 p.m. (No meeting in Dec or on any City Holiday that occurs on the 4th Monday)
Human Resources Training Room
City Hall Building
Chesapeake Stormwater Committee
|Contact: Barbara Brumbaugh|
The Chesapeake Stormwater Committee is made up of 11 City Council appointed representatives, and three Ex-Officio members from the City staff. They hear appeals by any interested party from any interpretation, ruling, or decision by the Director of Public Works in accordance with section 26-434 of the City Code.
Their duties include:
- Reviewing rates and providing utility rate recommendations to the City Manager.
- Preparing drainage and stormwater utility-related recommendations for the City Manager
- Serving as a "sounding board" for citizens concerned about drainage in neighborhoods and subdivisions.
- Reviewing recommendations from Public Works to improve drainage and maintenance operations.
- Providing recommendations on changes to the Stormwater Utility Fee, Capital Improvement Projects and Levels of Service.
- Reviewing the status of City-wide drainage projects, study areas, maintenance operations and issues of wetlands permitting.