- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Dominion Boulevard Improvement Project
Please use caution when traveling the corridor as it is an active work zone with a speed limit of 35mph.
Weekly Project Updates
(Updated every Friday.)
- New Access Roads: Several new access roads have opened to provide better access to businesses near the Dominion Blvd/Cedar Rd intersection.
- Intersection Closures: Jones Lane and Westcove Lane are now closed at Great Bridge Blvd permanently. Motorists can use Mains Creek Road or Libertyville Road to access either neighborhood.
- Roadway Shift: The Dominion Blvd. roadway shift to the west at Cedar Road is now in effect through mid-2015 to allow for construction of the new bridges and interchange. In the near future, new access roads will open for additional access to local businesses. See this graphic for details.
- Dominion Boulevard Closure: The Dominion Boulevard detour via Bainbridge Blvd is now in place. Dominion Blvd between Bainbridge Blvd and Dominion Lakes Blvd is closed for construction of the bridge spans over the Elizabeth River. All traffic is detoured to the improved Bainbridge Blvd from just north of the Steel Bridge to a new detour route north of Dominion Lakes Blvd. View a graphic of this detour with commonly asked questions
- Libertyville Rd. Extension to Open: The extension of Libertyville Road to Great Bridge Boulevard is now open to traffic. The new intersection will initially have a stop sign but a traffic signal will be installed at a later phase with the realignment of Fink Lane.
- RAMP CLOSED: The ramp from Route 168 North to southbound Dominion Boulevard (Exit 15B to 17 South) is now closed through 2015. A detour via I-464 Exit 1 to I-64 Exit 291B and finally to Exit 15B (17 South) is marked. Download this map illustrating the detour.
- Mullen Road is permanently closed at Dominion Blvd. Mullen Road traffic can use Mains Creek Road to Great Bridge Boulevard to access Dominion Boulevard. An additional route via an extended Libertyville Road will be available in July.
- Pine Wood Run is now closed at the Dominion Boulevard intersection. It will become a cul-de-sac.
- The Blake Street/Byron Street pedestrian tunnel is closed until the summer of 2014.
For previous updates, visit the Dominion Boulevard History page.
- Dominion Boulevard Environmental Assessment
- Route 17 Access Management Plan
- August 1, 2013 WCTV's Thinking Out Loud video project update
- July 23, 2013 Chesapeake Transportation System presentation and video
- March 1, 2013 Virginian-Pilot online Q&A
- December 17, 2012 Groundbreaking Ceremonty video and Mayor Krasnoff's Speech
All exhibit documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
- Full Project Corridor (areas listed separately below)
- Plan Revisions to West Cove Connector and Finck Lane since the Public Hearing of Sept. 08
- Dominion Boulevard Corridor
- South of Cedar Road
- Dominion Boulevard at Grassfield Parkway
- Cedar Road Interchange
- Bridge Over S. Branch Elizabeth River
- Bainbridge/Dominion Lakes Boulevard Interchange
- Great Bridge Boulevard Interchange