PLEASE NOTE: The next deadline is May 29, 2018. For the most current information, open seats and an application, visit the City Board and Commissions' Current Vacancies page.
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by May 29, 2018. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its June 26, 2018 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee — 1 vacancy
(Civic Organization Rep)
- Chesapeake Commission on Health and Well Being — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake OPEB Finance Board — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority — 1 vacancy
- Fine Arts Commission — 8 vacancies
- South Norfolk Revitalization Commission — 5 vacancies
(2 Business Reps)
- Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Commission — 1 vacancy
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151 or visit the Boards and Commissions page.