PLEASE NOTE: The next deadline is December 29, 2017. For the most current information, open seats and an application, visit the City Board and Commissions' Current Vacancies page.
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and Commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by December 29, 2017. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its January 23, 2017 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Commission on Health and Well Being — 5 vacancies
(Active Duty Military, 4 Citizens)
- Chesapeake Interagency Consortium — 2 vacancies
(Children/Family Services Rep, Parent Rep)
- Fire Prevention Code Appeals Board — 1 vacancy
(Experience in Building Construction and/or Fire Prevention)
- Hampton Roads Disabilities Board — 2 vacancies
(Visually Impaired Individual or Family Member)
(Physically Impaired Individual or Family Member)
- Human Services Advisory Board — 4 vacancies
- Library Board — 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board — 4 vacancies
- Tidewater Community College Board — 1 vacancy
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151 or visit the Boards and Commissions page.