Applicants Needed for City Boards and Commissions
CHESAPEAKE -- The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk's office by September 2, 2012. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its September 25, 2012, meeting. No appointments will be made during August.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following vacancies:
- Chesapeake Agricultural Advisory Commission 3 appointments
- Chesapeake Youth Committee 1 appointment
- Southern Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program 1 appointment
- Transportation Safety Commission 3 appointments
Applications are currently being accepted for the following previously advertised vacancies:
Chesapeake Bicycle and Trails Advisory Committee 1 appointment
- (Farm Bureau representative)
- Chesapeake Commission for the Prevention of AIDS 4 appointments
- (3 citizens and 1 citizen who is HIV positive)
- Chesapeake Tourism Advisory Board 1 appointment
- (Tourism/Convention/Visitor Representative)
- Fine Arts Commission 1 appointment
- Fire Prevention Code Appeals Board 1 appointment
- Natural Event Mitigation Advisory Committee 1 appointment
- (1 business representative)
- South Norfolk Revitalization Commission 6 appointments
- Stormwater Committee 3 appointments
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk's office at 382-6151, or visit Boards and Commissions at the City of Chesapeake's website, CityOfChesapeake.net.