CHESAPEAKE -- The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies, and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by December 31, 2018. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its November 27, 2018, meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee 1 vacancy (1 Equestrian Rep)
- Chesapeake Board of Historic and Architectural Review 3 vacancies (Experience w/50 year old structures, 1 Knowledge Rep, 1 Historic District Resident)
- Chesapeake City Symbol Committee 3 vacancies
- Chesapeake Community Criminal Justice Board 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Interagency Consortium 1 vacancy (Children/Family Services Rep) (*Agency must be located in Chesapeake*)
- Chesapeake OPEB Finance Board 1 vacancy (Banking/Investment Industry)
- Citizen Advisory Committee (of CLBA) 8 vacancies (One Citizen from each Planning District: Camelot, Deep Creek, Greenbrier, Indian River, Rivercrest, Southern Chesapeake, South Norfolk, Western Branch) *These appointments will be made on January 22, 2019*
- Library Board 1 vacancy (attorney)
- Parks, Recreation and Tourism Advisory Board 1 vacancy (physically disabled individual or immediate family member)
- Stormwater Committee 4 vacancies (1 alternate member)
- Towing Advisory Board 2 vacancies (2 Towing Industry Reps)
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151, or visit Boards and Commissions at the City of Chesapeake’s website Authorities, Boards, Commissions, Committees Home