PLEASE NOTE: The next deadline is March 31, 2017. For the most current information, open seats and an application, visit the City Board and Commissions' Current Vacancies page.
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and Commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by March 31, 2017. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its April 25, 2017, meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council-appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Arboretum Advisory Board — 1 appointment
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee — 1 appointment
(Farm Bureau representative)
- Chesapeake Community Criminal Justice Board — 1 appointment
(Children/Family Services representative)
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission — 1 appointment
- Chesapeake Hospital Authority — 4 appointments
- Chesapeake Tourism Advisory Board — 2 appointments
- Groundwater Committee — 5 appointments
- South Norfolk Revitalization Commission — 3 appointments
- Tidewater Community College Board — 1 appointment
- Tidewater Youth Services Commission — 1 appointment
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151 or visit the Boards and Commissions page.