PLEASE NOTE: The next deadline is October 30, 2017. For the most current information, open seats and an application, visit the City Board and Commissions' Current Vacancies page.
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and Commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by October 30, 2017. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its November 28, 2017 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Agricultural Advisory Commission — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Arboretum Advisory Board — 3 vacancies
- Chesapeake Cable Television Commission — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake City Council Audit Committee — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake City Symbol Committee — 2 vacancies
- Chesapeake Commission on Health and Well Being — 7 vacancies
(Military Rep, Medical Professional, 5 Citizens)
- Chesapeake Community Criminal Justice Board — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare Board — 4 vacancies
(2 Family Members, 2 Citizens)
- Chesapeake Tourism Advisory Board — 7 vacancies
- Fire Prevention Code Appeals Board — 1 vacancy
- Groundwater Committee — 4 vacancies
- Hampton Roads Disabilities Board — 2 vacancies
- Human Services Advisory Board — 3 vacancies
- Local Board of Building Code Appeals — 3 vacancies
Applications are currently being accepted for the following Mayor-appointed vacancies:
- Chesapeake Environmental Improvement Council — 5 vacancies
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151 or visit the Boards and Commissions page.