PLEASE NOTE: The next deadline is June 29, 2017. For the most current information, open seats and an application, visit the City Board and Commissions' Current Vacancies page.
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and Commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by June 29, 2017. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its July 25, 2017 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Animal Services Advisory Board — 1 appointment
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee — 1 appointment
(Farm Bureau representative)
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission — 1 appointment
- Chesapeake Tourism Advisory Board — 2 appointments
(2 Hotel Industry representatives)
- Economic Development Authority — 4 appointments
- Fine Arts Commission — 1 appointment
- Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia — 1 appointment
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151 or visit the Boards and Commissions page.