PLEASE NOTE: The next deadline is August 31, 2017. For the most current information, open seats and an application, visit the City Board and Commissions' Current Vacancies page.
The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and Commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by August 31, 2017. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its September 26, 2017 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Animal Services Advisory Board — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Agricultural Advisory Commission — 3 vacancies
(CAPA Rep, Farm Bureau Rep, Citizen Rep)
- Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area Board — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee — 6 vacancies
(3 Citizen Reps, 2 Civic Organization Reps, 1 Organized Trail User Group Rep)
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority — 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Tourism Advisory Board — 4 vacancies
- Economic Development Authority — 4 vacancies
- Groundwater Committee — 4 vacancies
- South Norfolk Revitalization Commission — 2 vacancies
(1 Business Owner)
- Utility Review Board — 5 vacancies
For more information or to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at 382-6151 or visit the Boards and Commissions page.