The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by Aug. 28. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its Sept. 22 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Agricultural Advisory Commission - 3 vacancies
(1 Livestock Industry, 1 Citizen/Farmer, 1 Horticulture)
- Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area Board - 6 vacancies
- Chesapeake Bicycle/Trails Advisory Committee - 1 vacancy
(Member of an Organized Trail User Group)
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission - 1 vacancy
- Groundwater Committee - 3 vacancies
- Stormwater Committee - 1 vacancy
- Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee - 1 vacancy
- Utility Review Board - 4 vacancies
If you are interested in serving, find a boards and commissions opening that fits your interests and qualifications. Then complete the application form.