- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Council Meeting Information
- Chesapeake City Council holds regular meetings on the second, third, and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Meetings are held in the Council Chamber, located on the first floor of City Hall.
- Special meetings are also held at the request of the Mayor or any three members of the Council.
- Agendas for all Council meetings are available online or in the City Clerk's Office, located on the sixth floor of City Hall, as well as the Central Library and all branches, on the Friday preceding a Council meeting.
- Minutes and/or marked agendas for previous meetings are also available online.
Further information regarding Council matters is available from the City Clerk by calling 757-382-6151.
City Council Meetings on WCTV
- City Council Meetings on WCTV
Watch meetings on Live Streaming Video or later with On-Demand Videos
- Work Sessions held prior to the City Council Meetings are also televised. Work Session times vary according to topics of discussion.
- WCTV TV Weekly Schedule
Missed the City Council Meeting? Chesapeake residents can watch it after the fact by tuning into Cox Channel 48 or Verizon Channel 43.
- If you are not a Chesapeake resident and do not receive WCTV, you can also watch the replays via Streaming Video.