Construction will begin on Elizabeth River Park on April 14, 2014. At that time the park, including the piers and boat ramp will be CLOSED for all usages till approximately January 2015.
Elizabeth River Park, will undergo a major reconstruction. Current piers, boat ramp, playground and shelters will be fully closed through the Fall. New and improved amenities will include:
- Ship's Store Combo Building with Restrooms and Covered Pavilion
- Paved Parking Lots throughout
- Multiple Shelters and Gazebos throughout the Park
- Improved Docking Facilities
- Additional Restroom Building near Playground
- Dog Park
- Large Gazebo with Stage with view of Waterfront
- Numerous Benches along the Waterfront
- Paved Trail placed around Park with ADA access
When: Construction to begin week of April 14, 2014, to continue till approximately January 2015.
Where: Elizabeth River Park, 1400 Elizabeth River Way, Chesapeake, VA 23324
Information: Contact Chesapeake Parks Recreation and Tourism – 757-382-6411