- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Smoke Detector Program
The Chesapeake Fire Department is committed to helping people in need keep their homes safe. If you qualify for a free smoke detector, you may contact Life Safety Specialist Bridgette Hoilman at 757-966-7548, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Be prepared to leave a message on voice mail.
In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- A resident of the City of Chesapeake (and)
- Annual income less than $35,000
- (or) Over 60 years of age, regardless of income
These qualifications are determined by the Federal Grant Program that provides the funds for us to purchase them.
If required, the Fire Department will also install the detectors (no fee).