- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Smoke Detector Program
The Chesapeake Fire Department is committed to helping people in need keep their homes safe. If you qualify for a free smoke detector, you may contact Chesapeake Fire Department Training Division, Louise MacAlister at 757-673-8409 Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- A resident/homeowner of the City of Chesapeake
- Annual income based on the number of people in the home, this rate can change year to year so please call for updated information
- (or) Over 60 years of age, regardless of income
Chesapeake Fire Department will INSTALL the detectors in the proper locations for your home as well as provide batteries to qualified homeowners.
These qualifications are determined by the Federal Grant Program that provides the funds for us to purchase them.