- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
In the News
Real Estate Assessor
|Phone: 757-382-6235||Fax: 757-382-6844|
|Address: 306 Cedar Road, 4th Floor, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
Please Note: City of Chesapeake Residents will receive Supplemental Tax Bills for New construction, additions or demolitions on a quarterly basis. This change became effective on October 1, 2021. The valuation changes will be captured on October 1, January 1, April 1 and July 1 each year.
- Mailed each year on March 1st if property value changes
- Requirements and Authority for Annual Assessment Process
- Annual Reassessment Time Frame
Use Value Assessments
- Use Value Assessment Revalidation Information – Tax Year 2022-2023
- Special Use Value Assessments – Brochure
- Estimated Use Values of Agricultural, Horticultural, Forest and Open Space Land in Chesapeake
Chesapeake Real Estate Tax Rate
Chesapeake Real Estate Tax Rate: $1.05 per hundred of the assessed value.
Note: Tax rate includes a base rate of $1.04 plus $.01 for mosquito control.