- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Waste Management Division
The Waste Management Division of the Public Works Department provides refuse collection once every week for over 60,000 residences in Chesapeake. Over 100,000 tons of refuse is collected annually. The City's Solid Waste is transported to the Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) transfer located on Greenbrier Parkway, or the regional Refuse Derived Fuel Facility located in Portsmouth (SPSA facility locations). For waste collection information and services, call your Chesapeake Customer Contact Center at 382-CITY (2489). Chesapeake residents may dispose of residential solid waste at SPSA facilities.
|Bulk Trash Collection Update: On April 23, 2013, Chesapeake City Council passed amendments to the Solid Waste Ordinance (City Code Chapter 62). A few notable changes include:
- When is my collection day? Use our dynamic map!
- Want to receive weekly reminders the day before your collection day? Sign up through Chesapeake Alert!
- Bulk Waste
- Refuse Containers: Request New/Report Damaged
- Hazardous Materials
- Holiday Schedule
- Recycling Services
- Rules on Waste Disposal
- Tips for a Clean Chesapeake
- Waste Collection Brochure