- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Dominion Boulevard Improvement Project
Please use caution when traveling the corridor as it is an active work zone with a speed limit of 35mph.
Weekly Project Updates
(Updated every Friday.)
|To receive travel advisories and project updates during construction sign up for Chesapeake Alert and choose the "Public Works - Dominion Boulevard Travel Advisories" alert.|
- Mullen Road is permanently closed at Dominion Blvd. Mullen Road traffic can use Mains Creek Road to Great Bridge Boulevard to access Dominion Boulevard. An additional route via an extended Libertyville Road will be available in July.
- Pine Wood Run is now closed at the Dominion Boulevard intersection. It will become a cul-de-sac.
- The Blake Street/Byron Street pedestrian tunnel is closed until the summer of 2014.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony: Watch the video of the groundbreaking ceremony held on Monday, December 17.
- November 15, 2012: Financial close on $150.7 million Chesapeake Transportation System Toll Road Revenue Bonds and a $152 million subordinate loan provided by the Virginia Transportation Infrastructure Bank.
- October 18, 2012: This presentation is an overview of the Chesapeake Transportation System Senior Toll Road Revenue Bonds, Series 2012. These bonds, totaling approximately $155.7 million, are anticipated to be sold on October 24, 2012. These bonds will be used to finance the Dominion Boulevard project construction including the replacement of the Steel Bridge. They will also be used to refund the outstanding 1999 bonds from the Chesapeake Expressway and to fund reserves and other costs for the bonds.
- October 9, 2012: the City Council approved the plan of finance for the Chesapeake Transportation System.
For more Previous Updates, visit the Dominion Boulevard History page.
All exhibit documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
- Improvement area maps (which are listed separately below)
- Plan Revisions to West Cove Connector and Finck Lane since the Public Hearing of Sept. 08
- Dominion Boulevard Corridor
- South of Cedar Road
- Dominion Boulevard at Grassfield Parkway
- Cedar Road Interchange
- Bridge Over S. Branch Elizabeth River
- Bainbridge/Dominion Lakes Boulevard Interchange
- Great Bridge Boulevard Interchange
- 95 ft Fixed Bridge