- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Dominion Boulevard Improvement Project
Please use caution when traveling the corridor as it is an active work zone with a speed limit of 35mph.
Weekly Project Updates
(Updated every Friday.)
Documents and Videos
- Dominion Boulevard Closure: The Dominion Boulevard detour via Bainbridge Blvd is now in place. Dominion Blvd between Bainbridge Blvd and Dominion Lakes Blvd is closed for construction of the bridge spans over the Elizabeth River. All traffic is detoured to the improved Bainbridge Blvd from just north of the Steel Bridge to a new detour route north of Dominion Lakes Blvd. View a graphic of this detour with commonly asked questions
- Libertyville Rd. Extension to Open: The extension of Libertyville Road to Great Bridge Boulevard is now open to traffic. The new intersection will initially have a stop sign but a traffic signal will be installed at a later phase with the realignment of Fink Lane.
- RAMP CLOSED: The ramp from Route 168 North to southbound Dominion Boulevard (Exit 15B to 17 South) is now closed through 2015. A detour via I-464 Exit 1 to I-64 Exit 291B and finally to Exit 15B (17 South) is marked. Download this map illustrating the detour.
- Mullen Road is permanently closed at Dominion Blvd. Mullen Road traffic can use Mains Creek Road to Great Bridge Boulevard to access Dominion Boulevard. An additional route via an extended Libertyville Road will be available in July.
- Pine Wood Run is now closed at the Dominion Boulevard intersection. It will become a cul-de-sac.
- The Blake Street/Byron Street pedestrian tunnel is closed until the summer of 2014.
- On March 1, the Public Works Director and Project Manager conducted an online Q&A with the Virginian-Pilot.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony: Watch the video of the groundbreaking ceremony held on Monday, December 17.
- November 15, 2012: Financial close on $150.7 million Chesapeake Transportation System Toll Road Revenue Bonds and a $152 million subordinate loan provided by the Virginia Transportation Infrastructure Bank.
- October 9, 2012: the City Council approved the plan of finance for the Chesapeake Transportation System.
For more Previous Updates, visit the Dominion Boulevard History page.
All exhibit documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
- Improvement area maps (which are listed separately below)
- Plan Revisions to West Cove Connector and Finck Lane since the Public Hearing of Sept. 08
- Dominion Boulevard Corridor
- South of Cedar Road
- Dominion Boulevard at Grassfield Parkway
- Cedar Road Interchange
- Bridge Over S. Branch Elizabeth River
- Bainbridge/Dominion Lakes Boulevard Interchange
- Great Bridge Boulevard Interchange
- 95 ft Fixed Bridge