- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Dominion Boulevard Improvement Project
Please use caution when traveling the corridor as it is an active work zone with a speed limit of 35mph.
Weekly Project Updates
(Updated every Friday.)
- New Access Roads: Several new access roads are open to provide better access to businesses near the Dominion Blvd/Cedar Rd intersection.
- Cedar Road Roadway Shift: The Dominion Blvd roadway shift to the west at Cedar Road is now in effect through mid-2015 to allow for construction of the new bridges and interchange. New access roads are open for additional access to local businesses. See this graphic for details.
- Bainbridge Detour – No Longer In Use: Since the opening of the Veterans Bridge and new traffic alignment, the Bainbridge Detour is now closed. Bainbridge Blvd will become a cul-de-sac where it originally connected to Dominion Blvd just north of the river.
- Mullen Road is permanently closed at Dominion Blvd. Mullen Road traffic can use Mains Creek Road to Great Bridge Boulevard to access Dominion Boulevard. An additional route via an extended Libertyville Road will be available in July.
- Pine Wood Run at Dominion Blvd and Jones Lane and Westcove Lane at Great Bridge Blvd are all permanently closed at their intersections.
- The Blake Street/Byron Street pedestrian tunnel is closed and will reopen towards the end of 2014.
For previous updates, visit the Dominion Boulevard History page.
- Dominion Boulevard Environmental Assessment
- Route 17 Access Management Plan
- August 1, 2013 WCTV's Thinking Out Loud video project update
- July 23, 2013 Chesapeake Transportation System presentation and video
- March 1, 2013 Virginian-Pilot online Q&A
- December 17, 2012 Groundbreaking Ceremony video and Mayor Krasnoff's Speech
All exhibit documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
- Full Project Corridor (areas listed separately below)
- Plan Revisions to West Cove Connector and Finck Lane since the Public Hearing of Sept. 08
- Dominion Boulevard Corridor
- South of Cedar Road
- Dominion Boulevard at Grassfield Parkway
- Cedar Road Interchange
- Bridge Over S. Branch Elizabeth River
- Bainbridge/Dominion Lakes Boulevard Interchange
- Great Bridge Boulevard Interchange