- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
South Norfolk Jordan Bridge (Poindexter St)
The South Norfolk Jordan Bridge is the City's first privately owned bridge, is no longer a drawbridge and is also the first tolled bridge. Please visit the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge website at www.SNJB.net for official bridge information.
Located between Poindexter Street in South Norfolk and Elm Street in Portmouth. It crosses the Elizabeth River at 169 feet high and is about a mile long.
E-ZPass Information: www.EZPassVA.com
Building the Bridge: Project Information
- E-ZPass services now available at Chesapeake DMV Customer Service Center
- "Building a Bridge, Restoring Communities" (video presented at May 30, 2012 public hearing)
- South Norfolk Jordan Bridge Public Hearing Presentation by TTFAC (May 30, 2012)
- Public Hearing – May 30, 2012, 5:30-8 p.m. at City Hall
- Photo Gallery
The Original Jordan Bridge
The original Jordan Bridge was constructed in 1928 and closed on November 8, 2008. It was a vertical lift span two-lane bridge operated by the City of Chesapeake. Daily traffic reached 7,000 vehicles with a weight limit of 3 tons/6,000 lbs.