- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Pay my Bill
757-382-6352 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
757-460-2491 Follow the instructions; enter your 10-digit Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service (HRUBS) account number. 24/7 access to account information:
- Account balance
- Date of your last bill
- Date and amount of your last payment
Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service or HRUBS is a joint bill for Chesapeake Public Utilities and Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD). The residential bill covers two months of water use and sewer collection by the City, and two months of sewer treatment by HRSD. Most commercial accounts are billed monthly.
Payment Types Accepted
- At City Hall cash, checks, or money orders are accepted
- At South Norfolk and Western Branch Satellite Offices only checks and money orders are accepted
Pay Locations (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- City Hall, 2nd Floor, Public Utilities Department, 757-382-6352
- City Hall, 1st Floor, City Treasurer's Office, 757-382-6281
- South Norfolk Treasurer's Office, 1205 20th Street, 757-543-3555
- Western Branch Treasurer's Office, 2808 Taylor Road, 757-488-5182
- Drop Box at the City Hall parking lot
- Mail payment with bill stub using the envelope enclosed with your bill (payment only, no correspondence)
Other HRUBS Payment Options (available through HRSD)
- Other options are available from the HRSD website at http://www.hrsd.com.
- IVR (Payment by phone) 1-866-533-1567, (will need HRUBS account number) pay with:
- Checking or Savings Account
- Master Card
Make a Payment Arrangement
757-382-6352 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and ask for a representative who can make payment arrangements