- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Payment, Account and Bill Information
Below you will find several ways to pay your water and sewer bill. Chesapeake Public Utilities and the Hampton Roads Sanitation District issue a joint utility bill through the Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service. Residential water bills cover two months of water use and sewer collection by the City and two months of sewer treatment by HRSD.
Call (844) 257-6063 for payments and account information. Pay your water bill using your checking or savings account; your debit or ATM card; or any Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card. No fee.
Pay your water bill in person between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- City Hall, 2nd Floor, Public Utilities Department, 757-382-6352. Cash, checks, or money orders.
- City Hall, 1st Floor, City Treasurer's Office, 757-382-6281. Cash, checks, or money orders.
- South Norfolk Treasurer's Office, 1205 20th Street, 757-543-3555. Only checks and money orders.
- Western Branch Treasurer's Office, 2808 Taylor Road, 757-488-5182. Only checks and money orders
- Mail a payment with bill stub using the envelope enclosed with your water bill.
(PAYMENTS ONLY. No correspondence.)
- Drop Box at the City Hall parking lot and on the second floor of City Hall.
- Find additional bill payment options on the HRSD website.
Make Payment Arrangements
Call 757-382-6352 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Request a Bill Adjustment
Request an adjustment if you have recently fixed a water leak or made other repairs.
If you have questions about your water bill, call the Chesapeake Public Utilities Department at 757-382-6352 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.