- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Citizen's Online Reporting
English | Español
Welcome to the Chesapeake Police Department
Citizen's Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency or crime in process please call 911 now
Please confirm the following to find out if online reporting is right for you:
- Is the type of incident you wish to report listed below?
- Did the incident occur within the Chesapeake City limits?
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Do you have email?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Citizen's Online Police Reporting System Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizen's Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
What crimes can only be reported in person?
- Violent crimes, sex crimes (attempted or completed), theft of a firearm, theft of property valued over $200, stolen vehicles, stolen license plates, burglary, and hate crimes (committed due to race, religion, ethnic or national origin, disability, or sexual orientation)
Chesapeake's non-emergency phone number is (757) 382-6161, choose option 2.
Citizen online reporting is designed to be an easy and convenient way for you to report non-emergency offenses to the Police Department. The following incident types can be reported: