- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
New Shelter Location
Animal Services Unit
Resources & Links
Links to other shelters, pet care information, spay/neuter info, animal breeds, and pet License Stations.
Free Ride Home Program
Pledge to our citizens and the animals: If citizens will meet Animal Services halfway by putting collars and tags on pets, our officers are eager to go the extra distance and bring them home.
Lost and Found
|MON,THURS, FRI, SAT||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|TUES||8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Visiting & Adoptions||MON, THURS, FRI, SAT||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|TUES||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesdays, Sundays and Holidays||Closed|
- What is the Chesapeake Animal Services Unit?
- How do I make a complaint to CASU?
- Where do the officers take the animals they pick up?
- Can Animal Control Officers pick up my dog or cat even if it is wearing a license or rabies tag?
- How can lost or impounded animals be redeemed?
- What are the city laws pertaining to animals in Chesapeake?
- What is being done about animal abuse?
Links to PetAbuse.com, From the main page, click on ABUSE DATABASE >> VIRGINIA on the map. Check CITY column for our cases CACU has handled, or go directly to Database
- How can I take care of my pet?
- What should I know about rabies?
- What should I know about wildlife?
- Why should I license my pet?
- Donation Program
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Lost and Found - Do's & Don'ts
- Adoptions and Available Animals