- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Public Information for Parks and Recreation
Creative and effective public communications are vital for any parks and recreation department. We need to let the public know about the great things we offer! The department's public communication needs are met by Information Services, under the direction of Cyndy Perkins, email@example.com. In order to keep in touch with Chesapeake's citizens, the Department of Parks and Recreation uses a number of promotional approaches:
- The Leisure Guide – a magazine which lists the recreational and leisure activities offered by the department;
- Public Service Announcements;
- Flyers and Ads;
- Blast emails and social media tools;
- Comprehensive monthly events calendar posted on various outside websites;
- Beth Precise, firstname.lastname@example.org maintains the Parks and Recreation's web pages on the City website and social media accounts.
The LEISURE GUIDE has won several international competitions, The 2002 Communicator Award – Bronze in the brochure category, the 2004 Communicator Award – gold; the MarCom 2007 gold winner award; and the 2008 prestigious LERN Award of Excellence in Marketing/Recreation.