- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Hours & Location
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Commissioner of the Revenue
Chesapeake City Hall, 1st Floor
306 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Effective October 27, 2008, the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office for the City of Chesapeake began offering "DMV Select" services.
- DMV Select partners conduct secure transactions while you wait. Not all DMV transactions can be completed at DMV Select locations.
- Services do not include Driver’s Licenses, Learner’s Permits or ID Cards.
- Check the list below for transactions available at DMV Select locations.
Here's what a DMV Select partner can do for you!
- Original (with or without liens)
- Title maintenance (change information on your vehicle title records, add/remove names)
- Plate Surrender
License Plate Orders
- Specialized and personalized plate orders
- Motorcycle plates
- Permanent trailer plates
- Truck plates
- Taxicab plates
- Local government-use plates
- Farm use plates
- Trip permits
- Overload permits
Handicapped Parking Placards
- Original issues
- More information about Parking Placards and Plates for Virginians with Disabilities
- Driver transcripts - helpful when applying for a job which requires a transcript
- Vehicle transcripts
- Changes that don't involve issuance of a driver's license or ID card
Dealer Title and Registration Transactions
- Full or partial payments accepted
Voter Registration Applications
- More information about Registering to Vote in the State of Virginia
We Accept: Cash, Check, Credit or Debit Card
For more information visit http://www.dmvnow.com/ or call 804-497-7100