- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
I Want To
City Clerk's Office
The Office of the Municipal Clerk serves as the professional link between the citizens of Chesapeake and City Council, the governing body. City Council appointed the Municipal Clerk, Dolores A. Moore, MMC. The City Clerk represents the affairs of the community by keeping records and maintaining archives for posterity and insures that decisions of the legislative body is properly recorded.
The office is responsible for the preservation of the official actions of the City's legislative body by recording and publishing Council minutes. The Office also serves as a conduit of information by handling inquiries from citizens and other municipal departments, assisting the Council with correspondence, managing the appointments to the City's Authorities, Boards and Commissions, and handling research requests. The City Clerk's office stands at the center of a complex communication network to relay information about city government and its operation.
- Dolores A. Moore, MMC, City Clerk
- Beverly L. Pender, MMC, Chief Deputy City Clerk
- Debra A. Hanbury, MMC, Deputy City Clerk
- Mitzie B. Wright, Deputy City Clerk
- Richard J. Cole, Office Coordinator/Asst to the Mayor
- Mekielia S. Ruffin, Office Specialist I
- Nancyanne Ferrante, Office Assistant I
If Code of Ordinances link does not work, please try the link below and choose from the left menu bar Online Library > click on Virginia in the USA map > Chesapeake Code of Ordinances.