- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Notable Yards Contest Winners
Beautiful winning yards in Chesapeake high school districts have been recognized by the Chesapeake Environmental Improvement Council (CEIC) as part of the Chesapeake's Notable Yards Contest.
Each winning home received a certificate, $50 gift certificate from White's Old Mill Garden Center, and the placement of a sign in the yard for a one-month period. The program is sponsored by the Chesapeake Environmental Improvement Council (CEIC).
"It is a privilege to be able to tour so many beautiful gardens," said Jean Pfaehler, mayoral appointee to the CEIC and project sub-committee chairperson. "The yards are all so different. It is quite interesting. We have seen yards that devote more space to gardens, rather than to lawn area. Many homeowners are using rain barrels and compost bins. We have seen beautiful yard art, outdoor seating areas, and plantings that help to decrease maintenance."
The 2010 winners include:
- DEEP CREEK. Robert and Felcie Cowart. 448 Weeping Cedar Trail
- GRASSFIELD. Robert and Kay Oliver. 805 Beech Forest Court
- GREAT BRIDGE. Jennifer Orlando. 609 Spurlock Way
- HICKORY. Ruth and Michael Fox. 1413 Black Walnut Court
- INDIAN RIVER. Roland and Frieda Kleven. 1207 Brookside Landing
- OSCAR SMITH. Larry and Cyndy Payne. 3116 Joseph Avenue
- WESTERN BRANCH. Jamerson Hook. 4407 McCaan Quay
For more information, contact the Special Programs Office of the Chesapeake Parks and Recreation Department at (757) 382-6411.