< Back to City of Chesapeake
Due to the City's response to COVID-19, many events are being canceled.
Before attending an event, contact the organizer to confirm it's taking place.
All City Calendars
Boards & Commissions Calendars
We're testing a communities section for our website. South Norfolk stands as our prototype website. Depending on its success, we may expand the section with the implementation of more community-specific websites.
|< Back to Calendar
|REVIVE! Opioid Overdose & Naloxone Education
||January 30, 2020
||2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
||Chesapeake Central Library Map it
298 Cedar Road
REVIVE! - Saving Lives, Saving Futures!
Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Education for Virginia
- Currently using opioids such as heroin or prescription pain medications?
- Abstinent from opioid use, but have used in the past?
- A friend or family member of someone who currently uses opioids?
- Working in a setting where opioid overdoses occur?
- Interested in learning how to save lives?
If so, then consider attending a REVIVE! Lay Rescuer Training. REVIVE! is Virginia’s Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Education (ONE) program, helping people learn how to recognize and respond to opioid overdose emergencies by administering naloxone, a medication that can reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Medical experience is helpful but not necessary!
Come to a REVIVE! Lay Rescuer Training event to learn:
- How opioid overdoses happen and how naloxone works.
- How to recognize an overdose
- Risk factors for overdoses and myths about overdose reversal
- How to administer naloxone
Training is free of charge, and include a free kit with supplies as well as information about how and where to purchase naloxone.
Seating is limited. Registration is required. Training provided by Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare.
Register Online: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/revive-training-tickets-52618663840