The City of Chesapeake is undertaking a Five Year Consolidated Planning process and the development of an Annual Action Plan to address the City’s affordable housing and community development needs. Anticipated resources include Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for Program Year 45 beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2020. The City is seeking citizen input on the proposed use of anticipated resources to address prioritized needs at two identical public hearings that will take place on:
- December 3, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Greenbrier Library, 1214 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- December 5, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Major Hillard Library, 824 Old George Washington Highway North, Chesapeake, VA 23323
CDBG funds must be used in accordance with the following HUD Broad National Objectives:
- Activities that benefit low and moderate income persons;
- Activities that aid in the prevention and/or elimination of slums and blight; and
- Activities that meet needs having a particular urgency.
HOME funds must be used in accordance with the following HUD HOME Program objectives:
- To expand the supply of decent, safe, sanitary and affordable housing; and
- To make housing more affordable for low-income and very low-income families.
In addition to attending the public hearings, written comments may be mailed to Avis E. Hinton, Community Development Planning Administrator, Planning Department (City Hall-2nd Floor), 306 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322 or emailed to email@example.com. Comments will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on December 28, 2018.
The City of Chesapeake will provide reasonable accommodations and services necessary for sensory-impaired and disabled persons by contacting Mr. Tim Winslow, Facilities Manager, Public Works at 382-6273 at least three-working days in advance and language assistance to individuals with limited English proficiency to the extent possible by contacting the Planning Department at 382-6176 at least 10 days in advance of this meeting.