Free Enrollment Help, Food, Physicals*, Immunizations, Community Resources, and more!
Chesapeake Public Schools and the Great Bridge Rotary are partnering with the City of Chesapeake for the annual GET ON THE BUS! enrollment event. Several of Chesapeake’s professional resources have joined forces to provide information and services to help residents prepare their children for the upcoming school year. While the focus of this event is to assist families with students who are entering school for the first time, students of all ages are welcome!
Children who reside in Chesapeake and are 5 years of age on or before September 30, 2019, will be eligible to enroll in Chesapeake Public Schools for the 2019 - 2020 school year.
During this event, children can be enrolled in Chesapeake Public Schools, and those enrolled will receive free school supplies. Physicals and immunization for students will also be offered on a first come, first served basis at NO CHARGE beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Be sure to take advantage of this special opportunity to get your child ready for a successful school year.
To register your child for school, you must bring the following items:
- An original certified State Birth Certificate or Birth Certificate Affidavit
- A certificate of physical examination from a physician or health department within
one year of September 5, 2019 - If you do not have a form one will be provided.
- A copy of current shot record (If shots are needed, bring proof of insurance as applicable.)
- Proof of residency (current gas, water, or electric bill in your name) showing usage within the
last 30 days
- Custody or court order (if applicable)
FREE VACCINES FOR SCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN (K-12) WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE CHESAPEAKE HEALTH DEPARTMENT There will be no out-of-pocket expense to parents/guardians.
Please bring the following:
- Child’s current shot record (to avoid unnecessary vaccinations)
- Child’s insurance information (if any) *administration fees are billed ONLY to the insurance,
not to the parent/guardian*.
Ask about the HPV and Meningitis vaccine (free to those who qualify) *Physicals are on a first come, first serve basis beginning at 10:00am.
Please visit https://www.chesapeakeruready.com/get-on-the-bus for more information!