< Back to City of Chesapeake
|< Back to Calendar
|Get on the Bus Enrollment Event
||August 3, 2019
||10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
||Oscar Smith Middle School Map it
2500 Rodgers Street
Free Food, Physicals*, Immunizations, Community Resources and more!
Children who reside in Chesapeake and are 5 years of age on or before September 30, 2019, will be eligible to enroll in Chesapeake Public Schools for the 2019 - 2020 school year.
To register your child for school, you must bring the following items:
- An original certified State Birth Certificate or Birth Certificate Affidavit
- A certificate of physical examination from a physician or health department within
one year of September 5, 2019 - If you do not have a form one will be provided.
- A copy of current shot record (If shots are needed, bring proof of insurance as applicable.)
- Proof of residency (current gas, water, or electric bill in your name) showing usage within the
last 30 days
- Custody or court order (if applicable)
FREE VACCINES FOR SCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN (K-12) WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE CHESAPEAKE HEALTH DEPARTMENT There will be no out-of-pocket expense to parents/guardians.
Please bring the following:
- Child’s current shot record (to avoid unnecessary vaccinations)
- Child’s insurance information (if any) *administration fees are billed ONLY to the insurance,
not to the parent/guardian*.
Ask about the HPV and Meningitis vaccine (free to those who qualify) *Physicals are on a first come, first serve basis beginning at 10:00am.
Please visit https://www.chesapeakeruready.com/get-on-the-bus for more information!
If you have a community event you would like to add to the City Calendar, make sure to first read the City's calendar guidelines. For more to do in the City, check out VisitChesapeake.com.