Don't miss this Chesapeake tradition!
The theme is “An American Christmas!"
The parade begins at Mt. Pleasant Rd. and Battlefield Blvd. and ends in front of City Hall on Cedar Rd. Most roads will start closing by 4:15 p.m. in and around this parade. For easiest parking and great views, come down to the Municipal Complex. There will also be food vendors and portable bathrooms.
When setting up/reserving your viewing spot on Battlefield Blvd prior to the parade, please keep the sidewalks clear. Per the City Code of Ordinance, Section 66-8, it is unlawful in the City of Chesapeake to obstruct the sidewalk. And please keep the roads clear even after they are closed. Members of the Chesapeake Police Department will be escorting some parade participants, such as equestrians, to the staging area just before the parade. After the parade, they'll need access to the roads to remove barricades. Thank you for your help!
Details at Chesapeake Rotary Christmas Parade
Street Closure Schedule
Roads Closed to all Traffic at 4:00 p.m. to Approximately 9:00 p.m.:
- EASTBOUND LANES OF MT. PLEASANT ROAD
(There will be two-way traffic on westbound lanes of Mt. Pleasant Road)
- SOUTHBOUND GREAT BRIDGE BY-PASS EXIT 11A to Westbound Mt. Pleasant Rd.
Roads Closed to Through Traffic at 4:30 p.m. to Approximately 9:00 p.m.:
- SHEA DRIVE: From Albemarle Drive to Holt Drive
- POLLY MILLER CIRCLE: From Cedar Road to Shea Drive
- CONQUEST DRIVE: From Cedar Road to Shea Drive
- WILSON DRIVE: From Albemarle Drive to Cedar Road
- HALL DRIVE: From Albemarle Drive to Cedar Road
- MANN DRIVE: From Albemarle Drive to Cedar Road
- OLD DRIVE: From Victoria Drive to Battlefield Blvd.
- VICTORIA DRIVE: From Old Drive to Cedar Road
- BARTLETT DRIVE: From Old Drive to Cedar Road
(*NOTE: Residents will have access to their homes via Albemarle Drive or Old Drive)
Roads Closed to All Traffic at 5:00 p.m. to Approximately 9:00 p.m.
- BATTLEFIELD BLVD.: From Mt. Pleasant Road to Cedar Road
- CEDAR ROAD: From Battlefield Blvd. to Holt Drive
- MT. PLEASANT ROAD: From Stadium Drive to Battlefield Blvd.
Access to Other Facilities:
- CHESAPEAKE CENTRAL LIBRARY: Should be accessed by Albemarle Drive, with parking in the Juvenile Court parking lot.
- GREAT BRIDGE PLAZA SHOPPING CENTER and FARM FRESH: Southbound traffic between the Chesapeake and Albemarle Canal and Cedar Road will be allowed to proceed along Battlefield Boulevard to the traffic signal at the shopping center entrance; access to Farm Fresh will be through the shopping center parking lot from the signalized entrance.
- WILSON VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTER: Traffic will have access to the shopping center from Johnstown Road.
- 7-11 and TOWN & COUNTRY PLAZA: Traffic will have access via Old Drive.
- OTHER: Businesses along Battlefield Boulevard north of Cedar Road will have access from Battlefield Boulevard.
Chairs placed out ahead of time that block the sidewalk or are placed near the street in the right-of-way pose a safety hazard to pedestrians and motorists and will be moved back away from the curb and sidewalk.