- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
I Want To
The eBUILD (electronic Building, Utilities, Inspections, Land use & Development) Chesapeake project delivers 24/7 web access to the planning, development, and permits application process to all of our customers.
Chesapeake’s eBUILD is Live! Create an account »
(Accounts cannot be created from the mobile site.)
The eBUILD system replaces existing systems, including ezPermits, Inspection Results, Request an Inspection, Tenant Build-Out and manual paper processes, with an integrated, web enabled (and Section 508 compliant) and mobile-friendly single gateway, which gives citizens 24/7 access to:
- The current status of all residential and commercial projects and permits
- Apply for a plan review or permit
- Schedule inspections
- Electronically submit plans for review and receive review comments
- Map-based searching to identify projects in a specific area or parcel
The entire development and permit process involves several City departments. The core implementation team is comprised of specialists from each of these departments: Development & Permits, Planning, Fire, Public Utilities, Parks, Recreation & Tourism, and Information Technology. Other entities, such as the Commissioner of the Revenue, Customer Contact Center, Real Estate Assessor, and Treasurer, contribute as needed to ensure the full integration of existing City systems with this project.